May Athlete in Spotlight: Michelle Ortiz
Michelle started with us in June of 2016 looking for something new for her workout routine. Like many of us, she was bored with what she was doing and was looking for a new challenge. Both Michelle and her good friend Yanira joined up after completing their elements program and routinely come in 4-5 days a week to the 4:30pm class. For a long time the weights on the bar stayed the same as, in my opinion, she wasn’t confident going heavier not only in WOD’s but on strength days. January 2017 hit and something in her head must have awoken because sine the new year she’s been ripping through barbell. She decided to sign up for the Blizzard Beatdown, our annual winter in house competition, though hesitant as she wasn’t sure she was the “competitor type.” I assured her she was ready and that she could definitely hold her own on the competition floor. See, I had been watching Michelle slowly grow as a CrossFit athlete and knew she was ready to break out. The in house competition came and boy did she make a BOOM within our community. She PR’d her Snatch that day at 95#, then kicked butt in WOD’s #2 and #3 for her team. Since then she’s been on a mission: don’t settle! Each day she comes in she tries to push herself more and more chopping down progressions on her way to achieving new heights within her fitness journey. Michelle keep dreaming big and keep plugging away at your goals. The sky’s the limit for you!
Get to know Michelle!
- How long have you been doing CrossFit at CFAF?
- Almost 1-year
- What’s your favorite move and/or WOD?
- What’s your least favorite move/and or WOD?
- Burpees, well it’s a love/hate with those. I hate them but love the way I feel when they’re done.
- What’s one piece of advice you would give someone nervous about doing CrossFit?
- Just try it out, it’s not what you think it is!
- Favorite Movie/Tv Show?
- The Walking Dead
- Favorite “cheat” meal/food?
- Chinese Food
- If you could have one super power what would it be?
- I’d want to Fly
- If you could be any animal what would you be and why?
A Tiger, because they’re tough.
- What’s your #1 goal here at CFAF?
- To be powerful and strong like Katrin Davidsdottir!